Memur-Sen attends 6th Ordinary Congress of Albania’s KSSH
International Workshop on “Changing World and Developing Trade Union Rights: Effective Trade Unionism”
The forum on future trade union organized by Memur-Sen Confederation and Senegalese Confederation of Free Unions (CSA)
The 3rd International Conference of Trade Unions & Professional Organizations organized under the theme of ' All Together for Al-Quds' in Ankara
Memur-Sen calls for all national and international labour organizations to demonstrate a common stance against terrorism
Memur-Sen Delegation Meets with the EATUC, Tanzania’s TUCTA and Zanzibar’s ZATUC
Memur-Sen attends the 42 session of OATUU General Council
Memur-Sen attends 7th Ordinary General Assembly of Albania’s BSPSH
The proposal of the Public Employer Delegation was inadequate; Public Employees' Arbitration Board’s decision is unfair
5th Term Collective Agreement Process which will affects around 3.2 million public servants and 2 million retired public servants in Turkey has completed.
Memur-Sen offers an 8 percent raise in salaries for the first six months of 2020 and 7 percent in the second half of 2020, totalling 15 percent. The offer is 6 percent for each half of 2021, totalling 12 percent. Memur-Sen, which is the authorized confederation in 5th Term Collective Agreement Negotiations, did not accept the offer made by the government and even decided to call its members to cease work in order to contest the offer made by the employer representatives since Memur-Sen is asking for a better salary raise for the public servants. The negotiations did not result in a collective agreement. The negotiations referred to the Public Employees' Arbitration Board. Public Employees' Arbitration Board decided that that there will be 4+4% increase for 2020 and 3+3% for 2021 for the public servants in Turkey.
Memur-Sen held a press conference regarding the 5th term Collective Agreement with the participation of the heads of affiliated trade unions.
Speaking in the press conference Memur-Sen President Ali Yalçın said that the proposal of the Public Employer Delegation was inadequate; Public Employees' Arbitration Board’s decision is unfair."
Yalçın also emphasized that " In this process, three things have become a highly controversial;
1.) Reliability of the Public Employer Delegation,
2.) Autonomy of the Public Employees' Arbitration Board,
3.) The adequacy of the Collective Bargaining Law no:4688.